What Is A Facial?
Maintaining a good daily skin care routine at home is important for keeping your complexion healthy and youthful at every age. But having professional facials at Starwood Med Spa can help further combat common signs of aging (such as fine lines and dryness), unclog pores, and brighten a sallow or dull appearance. Facials clean, exfoliate, and hydrate the skin and are designed to help men and women better manage common conditions, like acne outbreaks, rosacea, and other concerns. Personalized to meet the needs and unique characteristics of your skin, facials at our Frisco and Plano, TX med spas can help keep your complexion clear, healthy, and radiant. To elevate the quality and beauty of your skin, schedule a custom facial at Starwood Med Spa!
Types of Facials
After a thorough consultation to assess visible and hidden skin damage, the best medical-grade products and facial techniques will be selected to rejuvenate your complexion. To target a range of skin issues, we offer the following types of facials at our Plano and Frisco, TX med spas :
- Scarlet-S™ uses short-pulse radiofrequency (SRF) and microneedling techniques to trigger collagen and elastin production in the skin for a rejuvenated, tighter result.
- NeoGen™ Plasma Skin Regeneration works through an advanced skin resurfacing technique to minimize wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes, large pores, scars, and other concerns.
- AGNES RF harnesses radiofrequency energy to help smooth, tighten, and firm the skin during facial treatments.
- Photofacials use laser energy to target skin blemishes, such as acne or sun spots, and help heal and firm the skin from within.
How Do Facials Work?
Women and men who desire a deep cleanse for acne, wish to improve sun-damaged skin (dark spots or an uneven tone and texture), or simply want to maintain a healthy complexion are often good candidates for facials. After assessing your skin's condition and needs, our experienced aesthetic team will perform a custom facial from the comfort of one of our luxurious, private treatment rooms. Your facial will be unique but will most likely start with a deep cleaning to remove dirt, oil, and makeup. Steam, exfoliation, or other techniques may be used, and a mask or serum may be massaged in to deeply nourish your skin. To conclude the treatment, an SPF moisturizer selected for your skin type will be smoothed on to help protect against UV damage.
How long does a facial take?
Depending on what type of facial procedure you're having done, typically, they will take between 60 – 90 minutes. Express-type facials can be as short as 30 minutes, but on average, you can expect a facial to last about an hour.
How often should I get a facial?
The full life cycle of your face's skin cell growth and exfoliation is about three to four weeks. That's why most skin care professionals suggest that you get a facial about once a month or at the end of each three to four-week cycle.
What kind of care should I do after a facial?
There are several Dos and Don'ts after getting a facial to make sure you're keeping your facial skin healthy, happy, and glowing. Here are some tips:
- Drink plenty of water
- Wait a day before hitting the gym
- Wash your face more gently
- Postpone laser hair removal treatments
- Give your face a few days before exfoliating or scrubbing
- Don't go to the sauna
- Don't use acne products
- Don't use toners
- Don't get a massage right after a facial
- Avoid the sun
Experience Healthier, Clearer Skin
At Starwood Med Spa, we understand the benefits of having healthier, clearer skin. Every facial we perform is customized to meet individual needs and may be paired with other treatments to further rejuvenate and pamper your skin. Contact our Plano or Frisco, TX facility to schedule a skin consultation or to receive additional information on facials, pricing, treatment options, and other details.